Sunday, June 17, 2012

The War is Over

If you know me at all (or read my blog), you'll know that I'm not really into giving in or surrendering. I've written a few other posts about surrendering and my struggle with it...


By a few, I mean eight.


This morning I sang and played guitar at church and we introduced Chris Tomlin's song White Flag to the congregation. When I saw the set list a few weeks ago, I laughed. Whenever that song comes on the radio, I turn the radio off. And today I sang it in front of a lot of people. Ironic? Yes. I had to surrender to sing a song about surrendering.

Sometimes I think God looks down from heaven and chuckles at His children. Not in a disapproving or taunting way, but in a "just follow me and everything will be just fine" kind of a way. I'm falling more and more in love with my Savior as I'm learning to surrender more of my life to Him.


We raise our white flags
We surrender
All to You, all for You
We raise our white flags
The war is over
Love has come, Your love has won


Surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment