Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bug Issues.

VBS week is usually described as wonderful, busy, loud, and energetic. And I don't challenge any of those descriptions, but I'd like to add bug-infested to the list. Maybe it was because I was leading a station outside on the big front lawn.


Monday - A flying pincher bug flew down my shirt. Really? How inappropriate. I screamed and got it out.

Tuesday - A gnat that flew into my mouth when I was explaining the game and I couldn't spit in front of 50 2nd graders! I panicked and swallowed it. Gross. Nasty. Repulsive. Never again. Next time I'll just spit.

Wednesday - A spider crawled up my arm while I was talking to a class. They screamed, I screamed, and then I flicked the spider off.
**Then there were spiders at Kendra's house. One of them crawled out of the puzzle Viola and I were doing. I screamed and tried to kill it but couldn't so Kendra saved the day. And then another spider ran across the floor and I froze so Kendra ran at it and killed it. All while Viola was screaming and Trina, unfazed at the chaos, continued watching her TV show.

Thursday - There were flying little beetles on the field. Why did God create these things with wings? Seriously. 
 **Later that afternoon there was a cockroach in the office. I was calmly working on junior camp packets when two large cockroaches ran across the floor towards me. I jumped up on my chair and screamed "Bug! Someone get rid of it!" Someone finally came and stepped on the one that hadn't gone into hiding.

Friday - I picked up my diet coke to take a sip and a bee crawled out. That was the end of my diet coke.


And there you have it. I have bug issues.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh read hard, outloud. Love you Andrea! Im sorry about your bug issues..you handled better than I would have!

    ReplyDelete