Monday, June 18, 2012

"I want to go on an epic adventure with you, A!"

I love my little adventurer.

Trina and I have had some of the best adventures together.

Long walks, drives where we get incredibly lost, running through sprinklers, counting cows. And I don't know how many ounces of frozen yogurt we've consumed over deep conversations scattered with uncontrollable giggling.


Trina and I were both tired after Vacation Bible School one afternoon last week so I was surprised when Trina said "I want to go on an epic adventure with you, A!"

I thought for a few moments before deciding on our adventure.

"Do you want to learn to swim?"

"YES!"

I didn't have her car seat, my swimsuit, or the energy to teach swimming lessons. Or more importantly, a pool to use. I had Trina lay on the ground face down. I showed her how to move her arms and legs. I reluctantly ended up on the floor with her which caused even more giggling. I taught her to count her strokes and when to breathe and we practiced keeping our legs straight while kicking. Then we combine all three skills. Arm strokes, kicking, and breathing. You guessed it - even more giggling!



My parents took me to the pool when I was just six months old. I started swim lessons when I was two and then started competitive swimming when I was five. I've never been fearful of the water or hesitant to jump in. Trina and I will eventually make it to a pool in the next few weeks and I'll teach her to swim. I can't wait to pass my love of swimming on to this wonderful mermaid-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment