Sunday, March 13, 2011

Look Inside


I don’t think the battle is something that will just disappear - it’s an ongoing thing that can be rekindled at anytime and triggered by a number of things.


In my life, I may lose an individual battle, but this is a war that will be won.



Imperfection is an unavoidable part of life due to the fallen, degrading state of mankind. But, I believe that my self-image is something that God can bless and positively sustain because He gave me an image in the first place. Genesis 1:27 says, “God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” I’m pretty sure that means God cares about how I perceive myself to be since I’m supposed to look like/take after/resemble Him.


Despite that, I still have to remember that He made me when I look around and see all the fake, plastic, and perfect people. They look so good from the outside. I, however, have God-given peace and I care more about my relationship with Him than appearing flawless.**


I do realize that my outside reflects who made me and the family who raised me. But I want to make sure God gets the glory - no matter what. And one way I can do that is by loving, taking care of, not destroying, and caring about my body. I only get one life and only one body. I want to take care of this one. God made me and I have to believe He made me just right.


Challenge: now I need to live like I believe that.



You make me beautiful.

You make me stand in awe.

You step inside my heart and I am amazed.

I love to hear you say,

“Who I am is quite enough”.

You make me worthy of love and beautiful.


-Beautiful by Bethany Dillon




**I’m not saying the gorgeous people can’t have Christ living in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment