Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shedd Aquarium

Dawn, Emma, and I went to the Shedd Aquarium this morning! It was the first time for all of us and it was great!

I'm a big fan of the ocean and it’s inhabitants. (It’s possible that I’ve watched The Little Mermaid a few too many times.) Living in Northern California, I've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium numerous times and have my favorite exhibits there. The Shedd Aquarium is really different! It has fish and water animals from all around the world and from different bodies of waters.

I didn’t bring my camera with me, but I did have my phone. So please excuse the blurriness of a few of them!

River Habitat

We decided that these were giant goldfish with an attitude.

The iguana was just hanging out on the rock looking over the entire habitat. What a life!

Starfish!

These fish were larger than they looked.

I really enjoyed all the little poisonous dart frogs!

Emma was excited about the fish.

Overall, the turtles were our favorite.


My big conclusion of the morning: I’m never going to the Amazon. NEVER! The monster fish, bugs as big as my hand, and mainly the gigantic snakes were HORRIFYING. First, why are these things in an aquarium anyways? And second, how did they get them in their habitat? Moving a giant anaconda seems like it would be the worst job ever. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment