Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Review

January wasn’t a horrible month.
  • I came back to Chicago on the 4th and jumped back into my college life!
  • The new girls moved onto my floor! They’re wonderful and I love them.
  • I was hired on as a writer for the yearbook! The staff all has iPhones and MacBooks so I totally fit in. :)
  • On the first day of classes, my stomach apparently decided that mutiny was the best option. I made it through classes and meetings before spending the rest of the day/night throwing up.
  • I found this quote: “Your story has power. Fear says, ‘Hide your story.’ Hope says, ‘Tell your story.’” Love it!
  • The semester started with newspaper articles, yearbook pieces, website events, and papers to write. The first two weeks of the semester overwhelmed me with the amount of writing I had to get done.
  • Insomnia became contagious in Smith 512. Heidi and I both quite sleeping. Not by choice.
  • My admiration of pinterest was furthered with the insomnia. I have things pinned for all occasions!
  • It snowed!! There was lots of snow on January 20th. I dragged Heidi out in it to get frozen yogurt with me.
  • I fell in love with my Creative Non-Fiction Writing class. It might be one of the best and most enjoyable classes I’ve taken at Moody!
  • Emma and I started working out together way too early on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
  • I spent a Sunday afternoon with some friends from Iowa that I hadn’t seen in 10 years.
  • Liz and I decided that we should do a radio show. It’s called Scrabble. Follow us on twitter @MCRScrabble
  • About a month into consistently not sleeping well, I called my doctor and was diagnosed with chronic insomnia. Lovely? Not so much.
  • I started consistently craving chocolate chip cookies.
  • I went to the Shedd Aquarium for the first time!
  • The yearbook staff took a group picture. We all wore all black and did model poses. When I get the photos, they’ll be posted! They’re bound to be entertaining and humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment