Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here's to You!

I realized at about 5pm on December 31st that I only had a few hours to finish reading through the Bible, to run a lot more miles, to call/send emails to a lot of people, to get better at not over scheduling my life, and to master the Bb-F-Dm-C chord progression on guitar.

So, to avoid inevitably failing, this year I decided not to make any resolutions. Life changes so quickly and I feel like I set myself up for failure when I make any massive plans. Regardless, I’m looking forward to this new year and the adventures to come!

There are songs to write, books to read, guitar strings to break in, photos to take, blogs to post, friends to laugh with, and new places to explore! I’m thankful to have another year to experience God’s grace and His perfect timing.

And I love this song by Brooke Fraser about enjoying life and it’s circumstances.


Here’s to You
by Brooke Fraser

Cheers to the furrows on our brow
To each hard-won victory
Cheers to the losses that grew us up
Killed our pride, and filled our cup

Cheers to the friendships well worn in
That time nor distance alter
Here's to the sleepers we'll see again
Find company in memoria

Open your mouth and sing out your song
Life is short as the day is long
I can't leave you my body
But I'll leave you a tune
This is my legacy
Cheers to you

Cheers to the passing of our youth
And the death of lust not one day
A toast to the lessons not yet learned
And to the trials that will teach them


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment