Friday, September 9, 2011

Think Happy Thoughts - Part 5

21. Free Southwest Tickets. I like Southwest. I had a free ticket to use in the next few months, so I took advantage of the long Labor Day weekend and flew home. Sometimes I think Southwest needs better snacks, but overall, I like them a lot.


22. Smiling little girls. Thanks to my free Southwest ticket, I got to spend lots of last weekend with this smiling little girl! Although most of my time at their house was spent curled up on the couch or running errands with Kendra, Miss Trina took every opportunity given to her to make me smile! Love her! :)


23. Beautiful Things by Gungor. Because of a comment made to me a little over a week ago, I've had the line from P!nk's song "so what, I'm still a rockstar" stuck in my head. Heidi and I decided to check out the music video for the song. And then Annie and I watched it because Heidi and I laughed hysterically through it. Then when Laura stopped by, she had to endure it as well. But after listening to the song a few too many times, I sent out a tweet requesting some new songs to embed in my head. One of the guys from my old brother floor sent me the link to the video below. It's a wonderfully simple but meaningful song. Enjoy!




24. Sandwich Apprentice. Today Liz and I decided we wanted good food in the SDR at lunch. So we made "fancy" sandwiches. Well, Liz did and I did my best to copy her! She gave me the title of "Sandwich Apprentice".


25. Flowers in the plaza. Annie and I met in the plaza earlier this week and she was sitting next to a plant with large eye-catching flowers on it. We looked closer at one of the flowers and there was a little beetle eating a hole through one of the petals.


Matthew 6:28-30; 34

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment