Monday, September 26, 2011

Sisters and Starwars

Larissa and I both ended up coming home from college this past Labor Day weekend.

On Saturday night I couldn’t fall asleep and decided maybe reading would help.

I was planning on curling up on the couch with my book so I dragged my favorite blanket, stuffed frog, and book out to the living room only to find my sister with an identical pile of stuff. However, her book had been cast aside for the TV remote.

She looked over and said, “couldn’t sleep.”

“Yeah. Me either,” was my pathetic response.

So at 2 in the morning we were both curled up on the couch eating goldfish crackers while watching the Starwars marathon that had been on all day.

We talked sporadically through the movie and giggled about getting each other lightsabers for Christmas. I was excited for the cool family pictures that would most certainly aspire from the gifts! My sister, however, was more excited about kicking my butt while reenacting some of the battles from the movies. In my defense, Larissa’s a nerd and has most, if not all, of the Starwars movies memorized. And I honestly can’t say that I’ve even see all the movies. SO, her knowledge on the subject is far superior to mine and that’s the only reason why my little sister would be able to kick my butt at anything!

I digress... It was around 3:30am when I felt that I had met my Starwars viewing quota for the year and was ready to take another attempt at falling asleep.

I gathered my blanket, stuffed frog, and book and stood up.


My sister’s not the most sympathetic person in the world and we’re not the best of friends, but she knew I was hurting.


“Sis,” she said.

I turned around and smiled at her.

“Ya?”

“I’m sorry.”


I dropped my pile of stuff and gave her a hug before heading back to bed.


Sisterly bonding at it’s best!

No comments:

Post a Comment