Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Help me to sing 'hallelujah'.

Two years ago today, my Facebook status was:


“...You give and take away. My heart will choose to say ‘Lord blessed be Your Name’.”



It’s easy to sing Matt Redman’s song Blessed be Your Name with good intentions, but when things are actually taken away, it’s a little harder. Ok. A lot harder.



Dr. Hart was the speaker in chapel this morning. His lecture was titled: When God Shuts the Door - Dreams and Desires.



His main points were that:


When God shuts the door...

...He may have other prayers in mind.

...He may have other people in mind.

...He may have other plans in mind.



His conclusion was to:


Trust God in His wise and loving concern. His plan is good.




My heart’s not quite choosing to say, “Lord, blessed be Your Name” at the moment. But another song did come to mind. Bethany Dillon wrote “Hallelujah” a few years ago and the chorus of her song resonates with me.


“Hallelujah, hallelujah, whatever’s in front of me, help me to sing ‘hallelujah’.”



God, help me to sing "hallelujah".

No comments:

Post a Comment