Thursday, August 18, 2011

Striving, Stillness, Adventures, and Me


Striving. Always striving for something more. Something bigger, something better, something more exciting, something more relaxing. Just something...more.


Striving. When I need to be still.


God works through stillness. I know that. It’s not wasted time but a time of desperately needed rest and crucial preparation. I know that. But knowing and doing are not one in the same. I need to rest when my first inclination is to keep running.


Adventure. Some were meant to go on big and glamorous adventures, while others were meant to thrive in a more average life. And some know there is an adventure waiting to be discovered, but have yet to unearth it. Or maybe the adventure has been presented but the participant is actively denying himself the richness of it’s beauty and lessons. At first glance, it’s appeal is unattractive, the terrain is rough, and the trail is lonely, but around the next curve could be what was meant to be discovered and cherished. Others dive in headfirst before confirming it is indeed the most beneficial course to pursue. The neglected time of reflection and planning permanently alters the path. For better or for worse? We’ll never know. And others are too fearful to take the first step and stand gazing at the sea, always curious and always wondering, yet remaining paralyzed in their doubts.


I want to know what my life will hold. I want a big glamourous adventure. I want to move forward joyfully and confidently to glean all I can from this next step I’m waiting to take. BUT...


Me? I'm where I'm supposed to be right now. I’m taking time to be still. I’m not letting fear dictate my life. I’m choosing to cling to my Savior rather than my shifty emotions. I’m waiting, even patiently at times, for the One I’m following to lead my next step in this adventure called life.


Because when He leads, I will follow.


I am not afraid. This is my adventure. I was born to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment