Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Think Happy Thoughts - Part 3

Here are the next 5 things that make me smile:


11. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. -C.S. Lewis


Clive Staples Lewis is one of my favorite authors. His writing is beautiful and thought provoking.



12. Fluffy blankets and handsome boyfriends. Well, many fluffy blankets and just one boyfriend. Robert was in Livermore for the weekend so we got got to spend some time together! On Monday morning we had breakfast together. I came over to his house and within a few minutes his dad brought me a fuzzy blanket to curl up in as Robert cooked pancakes. It was a wonderfully fun and lazy morning. And I personally think there are very few things hotter than a guy cooking. :)



13. Along the way, I’ve collected more questions than answers, but I’ve fought for a few ideas that have formed a bed I can rest on, a life I can make peace with, a dream I can cling to. -Shauna Niequist


I’m about halfway through Shauna’s book Cold Tangerines. I started reading it at the beginning of last semester. I read a few pages and then put it down for a few days and then pick it up again and read a few more. I love her short blogpost-like stories. The quote above jumped off the page at me because I always have questions and have a handful of people who often get bombarded with them.


A mentor in high school once told me, "I'll start worrying about you the day you quit asking questions. Until then, you'll be fine."



14. Written words. I love reading the thoughts, comments, musings, and feelings of others.



15. Doctors. Ok, not exactly doctors, but when they can make me feel better, then I smile! I have a pinched nerve in my back and my chiropractor had me take x-rays. The lower part of my spine is twisting, thus pinching a nerve causing my entire right leg fluctuate between being numb and being exceedingly painful. Anyways, my chiropractor is working on getting my spine back into it's proper alignment. Although fixing it is painful right now, the end result will be worth it when the pain is gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment