Thursday, June 9, 2011

"I'm working on it!!"

“I’m working on it!!”


I don’t know how many times I’ve said that in the past few months.


I’m working on it.


I’m working on it.


That means I don’t quite have it yet, but I’m getting there.



I’m working on... not letting anxiety rule and ruin my life.

I’m working on... being organized without being obsessive.

I’m working on... not overbooking my schedule.

I’m working on... treasuring moments before running to the next one.

I’m working on... not being defensive when I’m unconfident in a situation.

I’m working on... responding with patience and compassion.

I’m working on... not pushing people away when I’m not ok.

I’m working on... remembering to eat.


So there you have it. I’m working on it.



I love this song by Addison Road. It SO accurately describes what I'm feeling right now.


Change In the Making

by Addison Road



(Verse 1)

There’s a better version of me

That I can’t quite see

But things are gonna change

Right now I’m a total mess and

Right now I’m completely incomplete

But things are gonna change

‘Cause you’re not through with me yet


(Chorus)

This is redemption’s story

With every step that I’m taking

Every day, You’re chipping away

What I don’t need

This is me under construction

This is my pride being broken

And every day I’m closer to who

I’m meant to be

I’m a change in the making


(Verse 2)

Wish I could live more patiently

Wish I would give a little more of me

Without stopping to think twice

Wish I had faith like a little child

Wish I could walk a single mile

Without tripping on my own feet

But You’re not through with me yet


(Bridge)

From the dawn of history

You make new and You redeem

From a broken world to a broken heart

You finish what you start in everything


(Verse 3)

Like a river rolls into the sea

We’re not who we’re going to be

But things are going to change

No comments:

Post a Comment