Monday, May 16, 2011

I Want.

I want to sit at Peet’s Coffee & Tea and drink black tea with a warm cinnamon roll while reading an eloquently written novel.


I want to lay on my striped beach towel in the warm sand while listening to the soothing sound of the powerfully crashing waves.


I want to wear a springtime dress and pick whimsical wildflowers from a big open field on a breezy day.


I want to compose beautifully written songs that reflect the ever changing feelings and emotions raging inside of me.


I want to curl up on my bed and mindlessly stare out the window as Chicago drives by five stories below on LaSalle Boulevard.


I want to decorate heart shaped sugar cookies with sweet purple icing and delicate pink sprinkles for a special occasion.


I want to drive for hours on end and admire the wonderful scenery in a state I have yet to explore.


I want to spend a day surfing in the Pacific Ocean waves on a hot clear summer day with my little sister.


I want to go on a long walk hand-in-hand with Robert to gaze at the endless amount of stars God arranged in the mysterious night sky.


I want to value the advice given to me and be humble enough to glean knowledge from the lessons taught by others.


I want to play my guitar and sing on a stage with competent musicians to share with the world of God’s faithfulness and compassion.


I want to read the classic literary works and grasp the meaning as the author intended it to be.


I want to climb an indoor rock wall and victoriously touch the ceiling of the gym just to prove to myself that I still can.


I want to take photographs that capture the ever-fleeting special moments and turn them into lifelong memories.


I want to write accurately and creatively about the continual work of tearing down and rebuilding that God is doing in my life.


I want to eat copious amounts of tortilla chips and mild salsa while sitting around a big table hearing old family stories.


I want to love without holding back or being fearful of what might go wrong.


I want to be content living the wonderful life God has so graciously given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment