Sunday, April 10, 2011

Think Happy Thoughts - Part 2

I didn't realize my "Think Happy Thoughts" post would become a multiple-post kind of a topic...but it did! I’m trying really hard to have a good attitude and to focus on positive things rather than be negative and cynical. You know, still fighting for joy and trying to see the happy little things in life. So here are the next 5 things that make me smile! :)


6. Black tea and black nail polish. Uh, I realize how depressing and dark that sounds, but it really isn’t! Aside from purple and orange, black is my favorite color. I think it’s classy. And black tea is just really good hot or cold. So naturally black tea and black nail polish work well together!


7. Cute children’s movies. Have you seen Tangled? If not, you really should.


8. Nancy Drew books. Srey, the sweet 11 year old girl I nanny loves Nancy Drew! She has lots of her books, so when she’s working on homework (and I should be too), sometimes I read an old Nancy Drew book. I read the entire series during my 4th, 5th, and 6th grade years and enjoyed them and was excited to find out that Sray reads them, too!


9. Time with little kids. Little kids are cute and fun and sweet and have seemingly endless amounts of energy! I love seeing the world through their eyes...the things that make them laugh, how they react to situations, the things that scare them, the things and people that they cling to. I also love their innocence and curiosity.


10. Snuggly blankets. I really like to sleep and snuggly blankets accompany that quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment