Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life and death. God controls them both.

"It is hard to have patience with people who say 'There is no death' or 'Death doesn't matter.' There is death. And whatever is matters. And whatever happens has consequences, and it and they are irrevocable and irreversible. You might as well say that birth doesn't matter."
- C.S. Lewis,
A Grief Observed



I don’t like death. I don’t like hearing about it. I don’t like feeling the pain from it. And I don’t like trying to explain how it makes me feel. Because I just can’t.



I’m still learning about God being in control and my lack of being in control. So...


Life and death. God controls them both.



Psalm 103:15-18

As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more. But the steadfast love of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children’s children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.


Even though we’re not here forever, God will be. And in that, hope can be found.



Marco Floris. You’re one of a kind. My favorite racecar driver. An important person in my life. Thanks for your endless supply of love, encouragement, and support since I met you 5 years agos. You are missed and loved. I’ll see you in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment