Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's Your Story?

I never realized I was so morbid.



One of the few things Robert and I did together over Christmas break was to take pictures in an old cemetery in Livermore, CA. Artistically, the pictures turned out how I wanted them. However, I got really creeped out in the process when I realized what I was walking around on. I know that the dead bodies are deep under the ground in a sealed box, but, you know...what if one happened to come back to life to kidnap me? Yeah. In all honesty, that was my thinking less than 3 minutes into it.


After a few more minutes I realized that the people wouldn’t come back to life to kidnap me. All the same, I stayed really close to Robert. We looked at the names and dates on many old gravestones. We walked to a large tombstone that looked like it was falling over. It belonged to Emma Larson. She was alive through World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. And at some point she was a military nurse. She was also a daughter, sister, wife, mother, and grandmother. She’s someone who I would love to sit and talk with! If she was still alive, aside from being really old, she would have so many stories to share! She’s someone who I could learn a lot from.


There were also younger people buried their. Some infants, children, and teenagers. Those were harder to process. Their lives were so short. I wondered what had happened... Did they make a bad choice? Did someone else make a bad choice? Was it an accident?




Everyone has a story. Lessons learned, trials survived, sorrows had, blessings bestowed.



What lessons have you learned?
What trials have you survived?
What sorrows have you had?
What blessings have been bestowed to you?



What’s your story? Have you thought about it? Cause I’m curious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment