Monday, November 26, 2012

Flirty Homeless Dude.

Oh my. So you know those mornings that just don't go as planned? Well, this morning was one of those mornings.

I work at the mall so traffic on I-580 West in the mornings is a battle. I don't usually work early mornings, but on days that I do, I leave a few minutes earlier to get coffee. This morning I decided to go to the Starbucks in Safeway so I could avoid all the lines. There was a homeless man sitting outside so I greeted him as I walked through the doors. I ordered my peppermint mocha and ordered him a coffee as well. When I walked out the doors and handed it to him, he was so excited! He set it down on the ground by his backpack as he chattered away to me. He thanked me and went on and on about how hard it was to be homeless when it got cooler outside and how no one would even look at him.

I assured him that I would be praying for him and that I would say "hi" whenever I was at that Safeway. I also told him that there were a handful of places in Livermore and the Bay Area that could offer assistance. Then, out of nowhere, he lunged forward to kiss me. Thankfully I have quick reflexes and turned my head enough so he kissed my cheek instead. 

At that, I bid him goodbye and practically ran to my car and got in.

None of the Urban Ministry classes I took at Moody prepared me for that. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment