Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Safety of the Stage

The lights are dimmed, the countdown is quickly getting smaller, instruments are tuned, and we wait patiently behind the curtain. With smiles, laughs, anxiety, and frustrations, I wait to walk onto the stage to my spot with the rest of the band. All anxiety, frustrations, fear, and doubts are left behind the curtain as the countdown comes to an end. Only smiles and confidence from that point on.

The stage is safe.
The people on the stage are safe.
The events happening on the stage are safe.

Even when the events happening on the stage don’t go exactly as planned, it’s still safe. There’s distance between the stage and the audience. There’s an imaginary barrier creating the illusion of safety. The space creates security. No one can touch me; nothing can hurt me.




I love the safety of the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment