Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life After Moody: 3.5

Getting a job! I started my part time job at Brighton this afternoon! Today was my orientation day, so I filled out lots of paperwork, read the handbook, and spent time working on the floor. I sold a bracelet and a matching ring! Woo-hoo! I love working with all the jewelry, accessories, and other pretty sparkly things. And the other ladies I'm working with are so down-to-earth and sweet.

Aside from working at Brighton, I'm also house sitting, babysitting, and helping one of my neighbors organize his companies office. The organizing job is surprisingly fun! My neighbor is the manager of a small company just a few minutes away from where I live. In the past four years, they haven't had any help with keeping the building clean. So that's where I come in! My OCD is finally paying off! I get to go from office to office and reorganize everything and make sure it's all clean and presentable. Love it.

My only frustration with all the jobs I'm working is that none of them pertain to anything I studied in college. BUT, I know that working towards my goals and all the waiting that takes place in that is not wasted time. Thankfully, I can write and take photos even if that's not my career at the moment. And I can devote more time to my other passion - music. This current season of my life is one to rest in, to fall more in love with God, to connect with my family, to spend time with friends, and to build up my portfolio. I don't consider any of those things wasted time.

So, here's to a new chapter in my life starting! It's gonna be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment