Sunday, October 10, 2010

Girl with a Guitar

Dear Diary,



Today Josh, Caleb, Heidi and I embarked on an adventure to the Chicago Music Exchange. I think this was the first time I’ve been in a guitar place without my dad. He always accompanies my trips to these places, upon my request. We arrived at the store and walked in with wide-eyed excitement. The four of us quickly scattered and drooled over the hundreds of guitars. I wanted to play a purple sparkly electric guitar or a girly acoustic one. I looked and couldn’t find either. Girls play guitar, so why don’t they make very many purple sparkly ones? One of the guys working asked if I needed help. And I did! I explained what I was looking for and his joking response was, “Well, princess, let me see what I can do. Have you ever played before?” My mind went blank as to a witty response, so I just said yes. I’ve been playing for about 7 years, actually... Oh well.


Anyways, the guy returned with the bulkiest guitar I’ve ever held. But, it had a red-orange hue to it. Oh, and a bird with a flower on the pickguard. So I guess that made it girly? I’m not sure. It was neither sparkly nor purple so it just wouldn’t work. I played a few chords and gently handed it back. I looked at all the other acoustic guitars and played a few of them, but none of them jumped out at me. Heidi and I then went back into the main room and ended up taking pictures of practically everything in the store. We were a little bored waiting for the two guys to be done.


That’s when I found it. It wasn’t perfect, but it was sparkly! It was a silver Fender Telecaster covered in sparkles! I was so excited that I grabbed the guitar, walked away from the group, and sat on the floor next to the orange amps and played it. I didn’t plug it in or anything. A girly electric guitar. Because girls can rock just as awesomely as any guy can.



Love,

Andrea


PS. Thanks to Heidi for the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. A glimmering shimmering tele for someone with the same qualities. Thanks for stopping by Chicago Music Exchange on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete