Friday, September 21, 2012

Emma.


Emma was my daily reminder that life was not as bad as I thought it was. She was my daily smile, hug, funny story, prayer, encouragement, workout partner, and sister in Christ. She came into my room each evening to give Heidi and I hugs and to say "goodnight". 

One night near the end of the semester, we had a Smith 5 bridal shower for all the girls on my floor who were engaged. I helped plan and run the event. I didn't think it would be so hard on me, but it was. I stuck it out until the very end when we broke into groups to pray for all the girls getting married in the few upcoming months. I sat on the floor with my girls and quickly felt myself breaking. I escaped from the group in tears. Emma was across the room, but slipped away to my rescue. I curled up on my bed crying and Emma curled up and cried with me. Em's sweet and gentle presence made day to day life beautiful. Even the broken pieces.


Love you, Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment