Thursday, September 20, 2012

Annie.


Annie. One of my first friends in Chicago. Our years together were studded with odd relationships and health issues and funny memories and french fries and fancy tea. Along with deep conversations, many tears shed, giggling, and huge life-changing realizations.

I could write a book about all our adventures, but I'll spare you. For now. :)

One afternoon Annie and decided to ditch life and headed downtown for a few hours. I think we both cut classes to do so. I know I eagerly did! We happily walked down Chicago Avenue and Michigan Avenue, peeking into the fancy store windows and trying on clothes and jewelry in Forever21. We talked and giggled the entire time. On the way back to campus we stopped in a little chocolate shop and oohed and ahhed over the delicious looking chocolates. It was a perfect little escape from the pressures of Moody life. 

Annie's one of my best friends. I feel like I've grown up with, but in reality, we've only known each other for a few years.

Annie was also good at calling me out on things. Her answer quickly became "go talk to Bobby!". So Bobby, you can blame Annie.

Love you, Annie! And I guess Jake, too.

1 comment:

  1. Remember our first "hang out" spot? On my bed in 521, wedged between the wall and the closet doors? We huddled up in that little cave with tea and pillows and blankets and made a little friendship out of the pieces of our hearts. I'm a lucky girl to have you as a friend, Andrea Stimmel :)

    ReplyDelete