Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wake me up...

...when September ends.

September has officially ended and October is off to a...well, it’s started and it won’t be worse than September was.

I had to resort to my twitter feed to remember all the things this past month has thrown at me. September was long and not so wonderful, so personally, I’m glad it’s over.

September...
1. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” -Abraham Lincoln
2. I don’t think eating in-n-out will make my world become un-ended, but it’s worth a try.
3. The sun is shining, the world is turning, it’s a brand new day.
4. “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die sooner.”
5. Packing again.
6. The stars look beautiful in the early morning sky. God is good!
7. My royal proclamation for today: It’s nap time.
8. “Love as distinct from ‘being in love’ is not merely a feeling. It is a deep unity, maintained by the will.” - C.S. Lewis
9. I need a chameleon and a frying pan. #Tangled
10. 17 Again is my go-to movie right now.
11. I feel very behind in everything and could easily work on stuff for a few more hours, but sleeping seems more important right now
12. I’d like to go to the ocean today.
13. I’m awake. Yuck. 3:40am is not my favorite time of day to be unable to fall back asleep. #insomnia
14. I just yawned my way through a presentation on sleep. Moral of the story: I need more sleep.
15. The high for Chicago today is 61. So I dressed for snow.
16. 100 days till Christmas!
17. “Don’t worry on it.”
18. I’m finally starting my Romans paper. I think this is gonna take forever...
19. I’m figuring this assignment out one googled question at a time.
20. “When the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change, we’ll change.” [written on a slip of paper in my Bible]
21. Sometimes I get the impression that my immune system is working against me.
22. Taking a bus to go babysit and driver pulled over (not at a bus stop) and walked off the bus. Um, alright then.
23. Journalism and hermeneutics go together. They just do. #contextcounts
24. I’ve learned more about Macs, wordpress.com, and website making in the past 24 hours than in the rest of my life. #happy #overwhelmed
25. Raspberry diet coke has got to be one of the yummiest tasting things in my world right now.
26. And this manic Monday begins.
27. I’m losing my voice and I don’t like it.
28. What a strange day. Strange seems to be the new normal, though.
29. I don’t want to go to sleep, but I don’t want to stay awake. I clearly need a third option.
30. “What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.” Love this song.


I must say, despite September’s rough patches, it ended on a high note. Singing “Nothing But the Blood” in chapel on Friday reminded me of where I was 4 years ago and just how far God has brought me. (Freedom that Friday).

He was faithful in the past and will continue to be faithful.


God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment