Sunday, October 2, 2011

Even without my camera.

Last Wednesday I was reminded that my identity is not found in my social security number, my fingerprints, or my DNA. (You’re Who?)

I’m also learning that my identity is not found in the things I love.

I broke my camera on Saturday. Well, I didn’t personally break it. It was an accident. While taking it out of my bag it slipped and hit the bed frame and the button you push to take the picture broke off. So I’m temporarily with out my camera. :-/


I love this song by JJ Heller. It’s pretty much a list of things that are in a person’s life and while they seem defining, are really not.




True Things by JJ Heller

I’m not the clothes I’m wearing
I’m not a photograph
I’m not the car I drive

I’m not the money I make
I’m not the things I lack
I’m not the songs that I write

I am who I am
I am who I am

(chorus)
There are true things inside of me
I have been afraid to see
I believe, help my unbelief
Would you say again what you said to me
I am love and I am free
I believe, help my unbelief

I’m not the house I live in
I’m not the man I love
I’m not the mistakes that I carry

I’m not the food that I don’t eat
I’m not what I’m above
I’m not my scars and my history

(bridge)
To Your love I’m waking up
In Your love I’m waking up


There’s not line in this song that I can’t relate to.

I’m not my guitar. I’m not what I write. I’m not my camera. I’m still a loved daughter of the King . And I’m pretty sure I’ll be ok. Even without my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment