Monday, January 17, 2011

Blush and Bashful. Pink and Pink.


“Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin’ across your face”


“Well, you know what they say: if you don’t have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!”


“I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence.”


“The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.”


“Laugher through tears is my favorite emotion.”


“Smile! It increases your face value.”


“I’ve always wanted to give a wedding shower with a monster motif”


“I try not to eat healthy food. The sooner my body gives out, the better off I’ll be!”


“Men are the most horrible of creatures, honey. They will ruin your life.”




Allie, Annie, Camille, Dawn, Faith, Olivia, and I watched Steel Magnolias together this morning. The 7 of us girls laughed, cried, and had an endless amount of silly comments.


I used to think nothing “big”, good or bad, would happen in my life. Obviously “big” thing have happened though. Deaths in my family, illness, a boyfriend, going to school in Chicago, traveling...big things. I’m thankful for my “steel magnolias” for being with me through all these things. The group of girls who’ve stuck with me, both in Chicago and Livermore, are wonderful. They’re strong, smart, funny, honest, supportive...the list could go on and on. I’m looking forward to growing old with these girls! It’s fairly certain we’ll be separated by distance, but I know these girls are just an email or a phone call away. I love my friends and I’m so thankful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment