Monday, November 8, 2010

116 Clique

There’s something attractive and enticing about rap and hip hop. I’m not really sure what it is.


This past weekend I had the opportunity to go the Unashamed Tour: the Movement in Moody’s own Torrey-Grey Auditorium! 116 Clique - Lecrae, Tedashii, Trip Lee, Sho Baraka, Pro, and DJ Official. I hadn’t heard much of their music before, but I still enjoyed it! Sho Baraka might have been my favorite...

I loved that the artists shared the gospel in all that they communicated...through their lyrics as well as spoken word between and after their set of songs. It really wasn’t about the performance or the performers, it was all about God and they continually took the spotlight off of themselves and pointed it on God. These guys have massive amounts of talent, but they know who to give the glory and fame to.



No comments:

Post a Comment