Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dancing Through Life



And you dance and you dance in an endless flow
In the grace of a perfect design
Stepping out of the dark and into the glow
And the whole world will see when you shine
You can shine


Yesterday Trina wanted to dance, but her toys were all over the floor. I asked if we should clean them up before we danced. Her answer was “No. We’ll dance around them, A.” So we tried to dance around and over them. More then a few times we stepped on them, and it hurt. It’s an awesome picture of how life is. Our goal is to keep trusting and following God through the mess and painful things...to dance through life. We did our best to avoid all the toys while dancing, but we tripped over some of them. It’s ok to step on a toy; we learn from our mistakes, and know not to step there again. And it’s ok to cry when it hurts. As we stepped on toys we moved them out of our way and put them away. It’s like getting rid of the sin and temptation in our lives so we can focus on God without distractions, so we can keep dancing. The more we danced, the easier it was. We remembered where the toys were, and for the most part, we did a good job avoiding them. A few times we tripped and landed on a toy that wasn’t completely put away, and it hurt us again, so we moved it further away. Only when we danced outside of the “safe” area, did we get hurt. The farther away we move from God, the easier it is for us to trip over a toy. When we’re close to Him, we can see His face and to hear His voice more clearly.

Psalm 143:8, 10 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift my soul. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment