Thursday, April 11, 2013

gf cheez-its.

Today was kind of a strange one. I woke up with a bloody nose, I worked a 3.5 hour shift, I informed a Starbucks barista that I didn't have time for him to flirt with me today, I was too nauseous to eat dinner, and then I made really yummy gluten free cheez-its. Now it's time to blog and watch Pretty Little Liar reruns.



Here's the gluten free recipe!
Ingredients:
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
4 TBS cold, cubed butter
1/2 tsp salt, plus more to sprinkle over the tops
2 TBS cold water
3/4 cup sweet rice flour (or any gf flour)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp xanthan gum



Pulse all of the ingredients except the water together in a food processor until well combined, then add the water and pulse until the dough comes together. Chill the dough well; at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator or 10 minutes in the freezer. Roll the dough out as thin as possible; this is important for a crispy, crunchy cracker. Use a pizza cutter to make little squares. Lay the crackers on a non-stick baking sheet and use a fork to poke the tops of each cracker. Sprinkle with a bit more salt. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake another 7 minutes, or until just golden at the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment