Saturday, October 20, 2012

Her love language: chocolate milk

This sweet girl's love language might just be chocolate milk.


It was bedtime for Viola. Trina was happily coloring so I left her in the office and took on the task of convincing Vi that it was time to go to sleep.

Books, stuffed animals, frankies (blankies). We were ready to settle in for the night. I climbed up into the bed after Vi. I snuggled her in and read to her, both of us pointing to the animals and making animals noises, all while giggling. We finished our books and I prayed with her. As I was climbing off of her bed, she stopped me.

"A, lay. Me. Peeeesss!" (please)

"Ok, darling. You need to go to sleep though!"

Trina was still coloring. Vi was tired so I thought she would fall asleep within minutes. I moved some stuffed animals over and snuggled in next to her. She wiggled and wiggled as if to get as close to me as possible. Then, with an exasperated sigh, she climbed on top of me, resting her nose on my nose.

"Good night, A," she whispered.

I suppressed laughter and wondered how on earth this little girl was going to fall asleep with her face pressed against my face.

Less than 30 seconds later, in her little voice she said "chocolate milk, A."

Then, putting both hands on my face, she said, "peeeesss" with a serious look on her face.

"You've already had some! It's time to go to sleep," I whispered to the sleepy girl.

"Awwww peeeeessss," she said sitting up on me.

"No, Vi. In the morning."

"Awwww ok, A."


Like I said, her love language: chocolate milk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment