Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dear World

dear fifteen page ecumenism paper,
I am strongly considering typing you in size 20 font. I don’t understand the topic I’m writing about and am too close to graduating to care.
sincerely,
clueless student

dear sleep,
I miss you. Between the increasing amount of work to get done and the insomnia, we haven’t spent much time together. Hopefully soon.
sincerely,
sleepless in Chicago

dear frozen yogurt,
I love you and just keep eating you. Dairy free treats are addicting.
sincerely,
dairy-free eater

dear Peet’s Tea & Coffee,
I miss you. I’ve been brewing and drinking an increasing amount of Starbucks medium roast coffee. It doesn’t even taste good without copious amounts of coffee creamer and sugar.
sincerely,
ashamed to admit it

dear Starbucks,
I DIDN'T MEAN IT, I PROMISE.
sincerely,
{um ya, I did}

dear many unread blog posts,
I will eventually read you. After May 12th.
sincerely,
over-scheduled & over-tired student

dear the inspector calls,

I'm really glad I'm not ever going to see you again.
sincerely,
not a fan of this book

dear Chicago,
I don't like that you're still so cold. If you warm up, I’ll have a better attitude. I promise.
sincerely,
freezing California girl

dear Greek,
I don’t know why I didn’t just take French. It's obvious we were never meant to be friends. Just two more weeks. Can we survive together that long?
sincerely,
it's not me, it's you

dear college,
After a few years of saying I couldn't wait to leave, I realized this week that I might actually, well, miss you.
sincerely,
tell anyone and I'll deny it

dear readers,
I will be writing more soon. I promise. I have lots of things to process through and there will always be new adventures to write about!
sincerely,
andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment