Saturday, May 22, 2010

2nd Year at Moody

Written on May 13th...


It’s my last night in Chicago for the school year and where am I? I’m in my empty dorm room sitting on the window seat journaling and thinking. Seems to be my favorite spot to reflect on everything when I can’t sleep. I love looking out the window and seeing the city. My city. I’m definitely more attached to Chicago now than I was a year ago.

My second year at Moody is over. Finished. Complete. Wow.


Fall Semester…
Cultural Anthropology
Communication Studies
Christianity in Western Culture 1

My two favorite classes were:
Hermeneutics
Race, Poverty, and Social Justice

PCM: Awanas at Park Community Church

Biggest Challenge: Mono. I don’t like sleeping because I never want to miss anything.
Highlight: All the new friends I made from Smith 5 and Culby 19
Favorite Memories: studying on the roof of Noble Tree one afternoon and our BroSis Christmas Party

**********************************************************


Spring Semester…
Philosophy
Interpersonal Communication
Christianity in Western Culture 2

My two favorite classes were:
Photojournalism
History and Theology of Urban Ministry

PCM: Juvenile Detention Center – leading Bible study

Biggest Challenge: having my hard drive crash was a bummer
Highlight: building and strengthening relationships
Favorite Memories: tacky prom and getting lost with Emma numerous times and early morning breakfasts with Jeremy, Ben, and Emma

And, in response to the past blog, “Farewell Whatever You Were”, I did learn some new guitar chords and I took lots of pictures.

**********************************************************

I’m so excited to be going home, but it’s a little bit of a bittersweet feeling this time. I love Chicago and the people here, but I also love Livermore and the people there, as well.

On to summer…lot of sun, beach, reading, hanging with friends, babysitting, worship team practice, writing, guitar playing, a few classes, and sleeping. And who knows? Maybe a few surprises…

No comments:

Post a Comment