Wednesday, February 10, 2010

He is Jealous for Me

I’ve been having a hard time following one of my Professor’s lectures this semester…he teaches in circles it seems like, so all the information is there, but not in a way that my brain comprehends it. I like lectures that are accompanied with colorful and clear powerpoint slides with obvious topics and information. Class today was different though. I worked really hard to pay attention and I even took good notes! And I’m glad I did, because Prof said something that ended up being really meaningful to me…

“God never looks up, because there is no one above Him. And God never looks to the side, because none are His equal. He looks down into the deep abyss to pull us out of it.”

And God did this all because of grace and love. He didn’t have to send His only Son to die for all of us humans stumbling around in the abyss. He didn’t have to have compassion on us. He didn’t have to do anything. But He did…out of love.


God, thank you for seeing how lost we are and for saving us.


And I don’t have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way, the way, He love us. Oh, how He love us.
– How He Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment