Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You're Not Good Enough

“You’re not good enough.”

Not exactly the words I was expecting to hear come out of his mouth. What happened to being encouraging? I knew the advice wasn’t going come in the form of compliments or praise, and that’s not what I wanted, but I was expecting something a little more helpful than that! With a shocked expression and tears about to slip down my face, I took a step back and was going to walk away. Lucky for him he started explaining…

"We can’t be good enough on our own, because then we wouldn’t need God. Our imperfectness leaves lots of room for God to work in our lives."

It’s so simple. We need God. We are nothing without Him. Our lives surrendered to Him gives immeasurable value and a future.

“You’re not good enough. And that’s exactly how it should be.”

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment